First Presbyterian Church of Hokendauqua
Job Title: Church Custodian
Reports to: Pastor and Property Committee
Hours Recommended: 6 hours per week or as needed
Physical Requirements: needs to be able to lift 40lbs.
1. At the conclusion of the weekly worship service, including any special services, the following shall be completed:
a. Straighten hymnals and bibles in the pews
b. Remove any paper or items left behind by worshippers
c. Clear pulpit and return any water glasses to kitchen
d. Empty baptismal font after baptism has taken place
e. Dust and clean the communion table and remove any candle wax when necessary
f. Fill the pew racks with sharpened pencils and communion cards
2. Polish offering plates and candle holders as necessary
3. Clean restrooms, at least weekly, including cleaning the restroom floors
4. Put trash and recycling out for Monday pickup and return trash and recycling containers to their places on Tuesday.
5. Kitchen floor must be cleaned monthly or as necessary
6. Church must be dusted and all carpets vacuumed weekly
7. Carpet must be vacuumed after any special event
8. Windows in Sunday School classrooms must be cleaned on the regular basis
9. Windows in Sunday School classrooms must be cleaned on the outside once in spring and once in fall
10. Make sure adequate cleaning supplies are on hand
11. Notify Property Committee of any repairs required in and around the building
12. Clean and scrub all the tables in the Sunday School classrooms and basement on a regular basis
13. Complete requests received in the custodial mail box in the Supply Closet
14. Clean up in front of any of the outside doors (Main Entrance, Sunday School Wing front and back entrances, and Chapel entrance)
15. Be available for any emergency clean up as necessary, i.e. boiler room flood, etc.
16. Any other custodial duties that may be assigned by the Pastor or Property Committee.